Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Goats have Gone Crazye!


There are generally two types of hay bales. With quite different weights.
The most common ones that people buy at feed stores or the farmer, and can be moved by one person, are the type you may have "bucked" into the barn for your uncle who had a farm when you were a teenager and in love with goats. They are around 3-4 feet long by 24x18 inches square. These smaller bales are "baled" with 2-3 strands of twine or wire around the long way and can weigh between 60 and 130 pounds, depending on how the bailer was adjusted. The heavier bales will have 3 strands, the lighter ones only have 2 strands. Interestingly, sometimes they are not that different in size (lengthxheightxwidth) as the heaviness can be increased by how compact the "flakes" of hay are pushed together by the baler equipment.
The other common type that are a relatively new option, are the really Big bales which weigh 1500 ~ 2000 pounds generally. They can be huge 6 foot "wheels" of hay (they are baled in a round "disc") or the equally large rectangular bales. These supersized bales require specialized equipment, or at least a fork lift, to move them.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the hay tips and oblique bullshit ed. I hadn't had my fill for today.

Anonymous said...

Oh thats interesting! Fuck you eddie.

Anonymous said...

Whats the deal here. Are you telling me this excerpt on hay bayels comes from a medical textbook written by some dipshit named evaxebra?

Anonymous said...

That which does not kill me can only make me stronger, except for this shit - it ain't kill me but I ain't feelin stronger neither.

Eddie Entropy said...

Kanye!

OMG< IT"S awesome you showed up! Please DOn't tlell me your not into the site?? I"m a big fan and it would keill me if you didn't "get it. It"s art man, I ghught an artist like you would ungderstand!

PLEASE WRITE BACKf

Eddie Entropy

Eddie Entropy said...

Kayne? Are you still there buddy? I'm not wearing any pants and I have a picture of you strapped to my balls buddy. Come back!

Anonymous said...

:chirp: :chirp: